![]() |
|
|
RAWR! READ THIS!
Mozilla Firefox Enjoy the music! Hit List Cui Fen Cun Ye Fahmi Justin Norman Soo Boon Stephanie Vincent Wee Leong Qian Qi Jie Shi John Simon Pei Fang .:Aikido Resources:. 7 Ken Suburi Rolling .:Hellsing:. AnimeKiwi ATU-BOTI Hirano Moe Shine Heaven Now .:Others:. Joel Zhi Liang Jeremy Yusri's Dev Art
Tagboard [ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ] |
Sunday, April 11, 2010 Star Gazing @ Ubin (5-6 Feb 10)
BICYCLE! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE!! I WANT TO RIDE IT WHERE I LIKE!!~~ *sings* Ahem... Back on topic... Saw: Orion (hunter), Germini (twins), Lynx, Tarus (bull), 7 Sisters, Aguria (chariot rider), Canis Major (big dog), Canis Minor (small dog), Lepus (hare), Draco (Dragon) 1 meteorite (flying out of libra) Spotted Parts of: Eridanus, Pegasus, Draco With Moo's Help: Perseus, Big Dipper, Bootes, Virgo, Scorpio, Libra, Southern Cross, Cancer, Hydra & a few star clusters. Met up w Chibi & Edmund @ Tampinese for lunch and bought a couple of snacks. Though I bought just 1 packet of potato chips, I couldnt finish it =/ I ended up feeding an army D: A BIIIIIIGGGGGGG apology to chibi, moo & edmund! Anyway, upon arrival, we set up camp near a group of ITE students on some leadership camp. It would have been a pain to lug all our stuff around. We also trust that they wont do anything funny w our stuff. Regardless, I put a lock to be sure. JOSH-SURE Moving on, we went to visit a couple of quarries in ubin while waiting for moo to join us, only to learn that the actual star gazing was to be held on 6th Feb. Miscommunication =/ No matter to us since we were already there and definitely not gonna spend another night. After visiting the quarries, we headed back to camp for some stuff and off for dinner. However, we were too late! The stalls were all closed! Fortunately, a provisions shop sold instant noodles and added hot water for us too. While eating, moo arrived and joined us, pointing out the constellations. Again, no picts of e stars. Go Google em urself =X The Next Day: Had a light breakfast and rented a bike, riding out to Chek Jawa. Good to know that my bike riding skills arent too rusty. My ability to gauge my Centre of Gravity works fine =) Poor chibi on the other hand had to push her bike for the most part and took a fall while going down slope. I guess i ought to teach her how to ride on rough terrain... Upon reaching chek jawa, we parked our bikes and walked on the broadwalk, taking a few picts. We also got to see frog island which appears only at low tide. legend has it that a frog, elephant & pig tried to swim across e river but epic phailed, turning to stone. the pig n elephant formed pulau ubin. the frog formed a separate entity. After visiting chek jawa, we proceeded to the english cottage. So nice and cozy... If only I were born british. I could be living a simpler life in a cottage in e country side listening to beatles, No NS, etc... Troubles aside, we began cycling back to the jetty. another rough and bumpy ride for us, a long walk for chibi D: When we finally reached e jetty, we returned our bikes, took a group shot and headed back to e mainland before rushing back home to sleeeeeeeppppp!!! Also, a thousand apologies to chibi for: 1) forgetting to pass her e 7 sisters keychain 2) oversleeping till 5am the next day. Was supposed to RO w her after e ubin trip. 3) overdue blog posts... 4) Getting frog island & sister island mixed up! Pls spare me, Chibi Mei Mei! >.< Labels: Outing |
| TemplatE by FrOz3N RaIN | |